Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to have every mods to be able to train Rescue
Smile 
Just a suggestion. In my opinion, it's alright for every mod to be able to train rescue, but only some who can train cadet/officers as:
1) Rescue training doesn't involve chasing, it's a point-to-point sprint, including the victim requesting tow. The trainer can monitor the trainee fully by spectating. This is relatively easy compared to training cops.
2) Rescue are needed to know how sirens work and follow the road rules if they haven't receive a call, which is mandatory for every other possible roles(cops can chase if the cruiser breaks the road rules). If they can't do basic stuff like this, it's most likely they will not succeed in their cadet and officer trainings anyways.
3) Rescue doesn't really have any significant advantage to civilian roles, just that they have a more automated way of getting jobs while cruising. Cadets/officers that chase people unanimously however, will cause a great impact to the cruisers' experience.

Thus, it isn't difficult to grade rescue. Even if, supposingly, that the rescue is found out to be not that eligible, the impact to the community won't be too severe either. Although, if that is too much, i think it should at least be viable if the trainer/trainee uploaded the replay of the training.
(02-17-2020, 05:03 PM)fatbreadsan Wrote: Just a suggestion. In my opinion, it's alright for every mod to be able to train rescue, but only some who can train cadet/officers as:
1) Rescue training doesn't involve chasing, it's a point-to-point sprint, including the victim requesting tow. The trainer can monitor the trainee fully by spectating. This is relatively easy compared to training cops.
2) Rescue are needed to know how sirens work and follow the road rules if they haven't receive a call, which is mandatory for every other possible roles(cops can chase if the cruiser breaks the road rules). If they can't do basic stuff like this, it's most likely they will not succeed in their cadet and officer trainings anyways.
3) Rescue doesn't really have any significant advantage to civilian roles, just that they have a more automated way of getting jobs while cruising. Cadets/officers that chase people unanimously however, will cause a great impact to the cruisers' experience.

Thus, it isn't difficult to grade rescue. Even if, supposingly, that the rescue is found out to be not that eligible, the impact to the community won't be too severe either. Although, if that is too much, i think it should at least be viable if the trainer/trainee uploaded the replay of the training.

Hello fatbreadsan,

I agree with your stated points. will proceed to discuss this with other admin(s) this afternoon.

Thanks,
Dion
personal site: ikbendion.nl
discord: dion#5762